- Reviewing and processing TTB Form 5100.31, Application for and Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approval (COLA) submitted electronically or by paper for wine labels.
- Issuing certificates of label approval for domestic (or exemptions) and imported wines.
- Answering inquiries via phone, e-mail, and fax on a wide range of domestic and import issues and concerns relating to wine labeling.
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Advertising, Labeling and Formulation Division
1310 G Street, NW., Box 12
Washington, DC 20005
Customer Service Desk (202) 453-2250
or Toll Free (866) 927-ALFD (2533)
FAX: (202) 453-2984
We offer callers to the Customer Service line the opportunity to select the best option that pertains to your inquiry. The following are the options that you will hear. Please listen carefully and select the correct prompt.
- Address, Fax and Hours of Operation;
- Technical Questions Regarding COLAs Online and COLAs Online Password Resets;
- COLAs Online Registration;
- Formulation, Statements of Process, Pre-Import Letters, Malt Beverage Labels or Distilled Spirit Labels;
- Alcohol Advertising; and,
- Technical Questions Regarding Wine Labeling or Status of Wine Applications.