Click to subscribe
Click to subscribe to Beer
Beer Industry Circulars
Over the years TTB and its predecessor agencies have issued "Industry Circulars" to help industry members understand and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Below you will find TTB industry circulars pertaining to the beer industry.
Please note that these circulars may be modified, superseded, or made obsolete by changes in laws and regulations and may not be a complete listing of all current and valid industry circulars.
For more industry circulars, click here.
- 2012-2 - Tie-In Sales - An Unlawful Trade Practice
- 2012-1 - Guidance Regarding Industry Members’ Participation in Retail Programs
- 2011-4 - Streamlining the Certificate of Label Approval Review Process
- 2011-2 - Application of Alcohol Beverage Advertising Regulations to Television Advertising
- 2011-1 - Application of Alcohol Beverage Advertising Regulations to Media Personality Sponsorships
- 2010-8 - Alcohol Beverages Containing Added Caffeine
- 2010-6 - Voluntary Alcohol Beverage Recalls
- 2008-3 - Non-Compliant Flavored Malt Beverages
- 2007-4 - Pre-COLA Product Evaluation
- 2007-1 - Shortages of Inventoried Packaged Beer
- 2006-2 - Use of Genetically Modified Materials and Export Implications
- 2005-2 - Alternating Proprietors at Brewery Premises
- 2004-6 - Alcohol Beverage Advertising Program
- 2004-5 - Voluntary Disclosure Program
- 2004-4 - Guidelines for Submitting Operational Reports
- 2004-3 - Alcohol and Tobacco Export Documentation Procedures
- 2004-3 – Alcohol and Tobacco Export Documentation Procedures FAQ’s
- 2004-2 - Using Pay.gov To Submit Alcohol and Tobacco Excise Tax Returns, Tax Payments, and Operational Reports
- 2004-1 - COLAs Online - eApplication Process
- 2003-6 - COLAs Online
- 2003-5 - TTB Form 5100.31, Application for and Certification/Exemption of Label/Bottle Approval (COLA)
- 2003-3 - Tie-In Sales - An Unlawful Trade Practice NOTE: Superseded by Industry Circular 2012-2
- 2003-1 - Establishment of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
- 2002-4 - Labeling and Advertising of Flavored Malt Beverages
- 2000-2 - Exportation of Distilled Spirits, Wine, Beer and Tobacco Products Without Payment of Tax
- 1995-6 - Use of Adjuncts by Brewers (See ATF Procedure 98-1)