(1) You must identify the records requested, be specific in what you request. You must reasonably describe the subject matter of the records sought, and if known, indicate the dates of the records, the places where they originated, and the names of the originating persons or offices. Remember, FOIA only provides documents. It does not answer questions. It does not create new records. State that the records are requested under the Freedom of Information act.
(2) You must agree to pay fees for various costs related to providing the requested records.
(3) You must include information that will enable us to determine your fee category.
(4) You must sign your request.
(5) You must include a mailing address. You may also include an e-mail address and a fax number.
(6) You may mail, e-fax, or fax your request to:
TTB FOIA Requester Service Center
1310 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 882-9904
Fax: (202) 453-2331
TTB does not accept FOIA requests via email.