Printing and Distribution of
New Regulations Relating to
Manufacturers of tobacco:
1. The purpose of this industry circular is to advise you
that new regulations relating to manufactured tobacco, codified
in Title 26 (1954), Code of Federal Regulations, Part 275, are
2. Arrangements have been made for all tobacco regulations
to be printed and compiled in looseleaf form, which can be inserted
in looseleaf ring binders and which can be maintained at peak usefulness by insertion of amendments or new material.
3. One copy of Part 275 will be transmitted to you, without
charge, by the Assistant Regional Commissioner, Alcohol and Tobacco
Tax. Additional copies can be obtained from the Superintendent of
Documents, Washington 25, D.C., at a nominal charge.
4. Whenever amendments are made in such regulations or new
material is added, you will be so notified by industry circular.
The amendments and new material will be available from the Superintendent of Documents.
5. Inquiries in regard to this industry circular should refer
to the number thereof and should be directed to the Assistant
Regional Commissioner, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax.
Dwight E. Avis
Director, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division