Printing and Distribution of
New Regulations Relating to
Dealers in Tobacco Materials
Dealers in tobacco materials:
1. The purpose of this industry circular is to advise you
that new regulations relating to dealers in tobacco materials,
codified in Title 26 (1954), Code of Federal Regulations, Part 280,
are in the process of being printed and will shortly become available for sale or limited distribution.
2. Arrangements have been made for all tobacco regulations
to be issued in looseleaf form, so that they can be maintained in
ring binders, and kept up to date by insertion of amendments or
new material to be supplied in page form.
3. One copy of new regulations, Part 280, will be transmitted
to you, without charge, by the Assistant Regional Commissioner,
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax. Additional copies may be obtained from
the Superintendent of Documents, Washington 25, D. C., at a
4. Whenever amendments are made in such regulations or new
material is added, you will be so notified by industry circular.
The amendments and new material may be obtained from the Superintendent of Documents.
5. Inquiries in regard to this industry circular should refer
to the number thereof and should be directed to the appropriate
Assistant Regional Commissioner, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax.
Dwight E. Avis
Director, Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax Division