REVISED FORM 103
Brewers, and others concerned:
Purpose. The purpose of this circular is to inform you that Form 103, Brewer's
Monthly Report of Operations, has been revised. The new revision is marked
"Form 103 (Rev. Nov. 1962)."
The most important changes are on the face of the form and are as follows:
1. The "cumulative total" column is eliminated.
2. Columns and lines for a "racking room" summary are provided.
3. The title of line 3 is clarified to make plain that the addition
of any volume-increasing substance to beer after production has been ascer-
tained must be reported and accounted for.
4. Separate lines are provided for the reporting of untaxpaid "laboratory
samples", and for beer destroyed "under supervision" and "without supervision".
5. The title of the line for reporting "shortages" is clarified.
6. The space for reporting serial numbers of tax returns is eliminated.
Discrepancies on form. In printing, two small errors were made: (1) line 22,
column (e) should have been completely, instead of partially, blocked out, and
(2) the word "vessels" in the title of line 16 is misspelled. These errors
will be corrected when the form is reprinted.
Use of form. Your Assistant Regional Commissioner will furnish you an initial
supply of Form 103 (Rev. 11-62) as soon as they are available. As soon as you
receive your supply of the revised forms, please destroy all unused Forms 103
bearing earlier revision dates that you may have on hand so that the form, as
newly revised, will be used as soon as possible.
Inquiries. Inquiries concerning this circular should refer to its number and
be addressed to your Assistant Regional Commissioner, Alcohol and Tobacco Tax.
Dwight E. Avis
Director, Alcohol and Tobacco Division